So my Husband and I are sitting at the coffee house enjoying coffee, he has the day off today for New Years. We had just dropped the big kids off at school and we took the little girl with us. He asks me if I ever called the local day care center to check it out for little girl, I say no, he says let’s go look at it and there we end up! Now we do not NEED child care at all but figure the other kids went at 2 for socialization, so should little girl. We look at it, looks great, number 1 child care facility in our town for 10 years straight, highly recommended…so a great spot. We are notified that a spot is available for 2 days a week, just what I would want….but it is available NOW, not like a month from now or 6 months but NOW. When I wanted to look at the place I was thinking September 2011 would be her start, 1 year there then 2 years at the wonderful preschool up the street. I never thought about sending her now….but now I must decide? Should she go or should she not…the decision must be made soon so stay tuned for the decision….
Parenting dilemma for today
Filed under child care, daycare, parenting dilemma
2 responses to “Parenting dilemma for today”
Interesting post and question.I owned 3 child care centers for 10 years. All were open 24 hours a day/7 days a week and included children age birth – 12 years.My suggestion is simple. If you have to ask whether to send her now, YOU are not ready for her to go. And that is fine. Another slot will be available between now and September.If it's socialization you want, join or start a playgroup. That may give you the best of both worlds and cost a lot less.Good luck with your decision!Dr. Linette M. Danielshttp://EmpoweringYouthForSuccess.com
Thank you so much for your insight Linette. My thoughts were quite similar to yours. I did make a decision last night and it will be the subject of my next blog post!